|Course||Course length||Admitted applicants|
|Online International Film Business Academy(Producing)||3 months, 12 weeks in total from March to May||Admitted applicants: 10 (including 2 Busan residents under the Busan quota)
* Admitted applicants of 2020 have priority in registering for the 2021 course.
＊The entrance quota for the course is 30, however 20 applicants who were already selected for the 2020 course(which was cancelled due to COVID-19) have re-enrolled and been added to
the total number.
＊Detailed course schedule including starting dates will be announced later.
＊The number of admitted applicants is subject to change depending on the pool of applicants.
|Application Period||December 7, 2020 – January 5, 2021||Website|
|First Screening (documents, portfolio, proposal for a feature-length narrative film)||January 8 – January 15, 2021|
|Announcement of Shortlisted Candidates||January 19, 2021||Website, Direct Contact|
|Second Round of Screening (interviews)||January 26 – 29, 2021||Conducted Online|
|Final Announcement of Admission Decisions||February 4, 2021||Website, Direct Contact|
*This schedule may be subject to change.
- Please refer to the list of nations eligible to apply for the International Film Business Academy 2021. <Appendix 1>
B. There are no restrictions based on academic qualifications or age. Korean men must show proof of completion or exemption of mandatory military service
C. Must be competent in English (all coursework will be conducted in English)
B. Eligibility to apply for 2021 International Film Business Academy Intensive Course will be given.
* The International Film Business Academy Intensive Course will be held in Busan for 3 month (mid July-October).
Only Online International Film Business Academy graduates can apply for the Intensive course (total quota of 20)
- Busan Asian Film School website:
International Film Business Academy -> Processing the Application http://afis.ac/afis/ifba/applicationEn.do?_menuNo=81
* All forms must be completed in English.
1. Application form
2. Personal statement (500 words or less)
3. Statement of purpose (500 words or less)
4. Summary of work experience (500 words or less)
* Please focus on experience related to film production or the film business
5. Portfolio introduction (500 words or less)
* Portfolio: Up to 2 works that can show the applicant’s potential as a film producer. Short or feature films, videos, novels, photographs, academic theses, etc are all acceptable.
* If submitting a video file, please submit works which contain the applicant’s name in the end credits, whether it be in film, TV, web content or exhibited work. For video portfolios, provide online links to Youtube, Vimeo, etc. (if applicable)
6. Self-introduction video (2 minutes or less)
* Provide online links to Youtube, Vimeo, etc.
7. Project proposal for a feature-length narrative film
- Logline (50 words or less)
- Development idea (background, concept, intent, etc.) (300 words or less)
- Synopsis (400 words or less)
- Financing plan (250 words or less)
- Email address: email@example.com
- Compress all documents into a zip file and name it ‘Name_Nationality’
* If documents are written in languages other than English or Korean, they must be translated to English or Korean before submission.
|Documents to be submitted||Additional documents for Korean Applicants|
1. Photocopy of the applicant’s passport
2. Applicant’s completed academic degree, certificate of expected graduation in 2021, or proof of enrollment
3. Applicant’s curriculum vitae (in any format)
4. Recommendation letter (form attached) from a person directly related to or working in the film industry (this may include members of AFCNet)
6. Certificate of Working Experience (Optional)
1. Abstract of Resident Registration (* 주민등록초본)
* Korean males must submit a copy confirming the completion or exemption of military service.
* Any changes of residency must be indicated
* Copies must be dated within 3 months of application period.
* Documents written in languages other than English or Korean must be translated into English or Korean and notarized upon submission.
International Film Business Academy -> Processing the Application
2) Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Any statements or documents which are found to have been forged, altered or knowingly falsified will result in the cancellation of admission to the program. Any resulting financial burden must be paid in full by the applicant.
- After receiving applications, no forms or submissions will be returned to the applicant.
- No scores will be revealed during the application process.
- Any further issues not covered on this form will be determined by the school.
B. Scores received during the first round of screening will not affect the scores of the second round.
C. Busan Asian Film School will not select applicants whose total score fails to meet internal standards, regardless of entrance quotas.
|First Screening||Application evaluation||50 points|
|Portfolio evaluation||30 points|
|Evaluation for the project proposal||20 points|
|Second Screening||Interview||100 points|
B. Tuition: All admitted applicants will have tuition fees exempted (details will be announced at a later date)
C. Announcements: The announcement of shortlisted candidates and final admission decisions will be made available on www.afis.ac, and by direct contact.
* Selected applicants who do not enroll within the time frame will be seen as forfeiting their admissions.