|Subject||Busan Asian Film School is recruiting fellows for the 2024 International Film Business Academy|
International Film Business Academy, Busan Asian Film School
Call for Applications for 2024 Admission
Busan Asian Film School (AFiS) is recruiting fellows for the 2024 International Film Business Academy (IFBA).
The International Film Business Academy, a specialized educational program focusing on film producing, has been a regular annual course at Busan Asian Film School since it welcomed its very first fellows in 2017. Approximately 20 filmmakers with prior experience in filming throughout Asia will be selected. It offers a curriculum designed to foster producers, which includes the development of a feature-length project, along with lectures covering topics on investment, film policy, marketing and distribution, and more.
Feature films like ‘Rapture’(2023), which received an invitation to a competition section of 76th Locarno Film Festival, and ‘White Building’(2021), selected for the 78th Venice Film Festival were developed through the IFBA programs. These tangible outcomes underscore the effectiveness of Busan International Film School’s program in fostering producers for international Co-production as a representative institute from Asia.
1. Course Description and Number of Admitted Applicants
Course: International Film Business Academy (Producing)
Course length: 8 months from March to October, 2024
(2 semesters, Including a four-week vacation)
Admitted applicants: 20 (including 2 Busan residents under the Busan quota)
* Detailed course schedule, including start dates, will be announced later.
* The number of admitted applicants is subject to change depending on the pool of applicants.
2. Application & Selection Schedule
A. Must have U.N.-defined “Asian” nationality or Taiwanese Nationality
- Please refer to the list of nations eligible to apply for the International Film Business Academy 2024. <Appendix 1>
B. There are no restrictions based on academic qualifications or age.
Korean men must show proof of completion or exemption of mandatory military service.
C. Must be competent in English (all coursework will be conducted in English)
4. Benefits Provided to Admitted 2024 Fellows
A. Tuition fees covered by a full scholarship
※ Personal Financial Guarantee with Official Bank Statements upon the confirmation of the
final successful applicants (around January or February) is required for the Application for
Certificate of Visa Eligibility (Visa Issuance) process - Approximately USD 3,000 (Minimum)
※ An additional Personal Financial Guarantee with Korean Bank Account approximately of
USD 2,000 - 3,000 may also be required for Sojourn Extension Process during the second
B. A round-trip airfare provided to non-Korean fellows (details to be given later)
C. Dormitory room provided during the total period of education
(including the vacation)
D. Medical Insurance (Limited coverage and National Health Insurance) to non-Korean
fellows during the total period of education (including the vacation)
※ Registered foreigners are also obliged to pay National Health Insurance after 6 months of arrival in Korea (approximately USD 100 per month), and AFiS will also cover the
insurance (up to 2 months)
5. Application Information
A. Application Period
- Applications will be received from 9 AM on October 16, 2023 to 6 PM on November 15, 2023 (Korean time).
B. Details for Submission
- Fill out the online application on the AFiS Academy application page at academy.afis.ac. For the last step, attach required documents one by one.
- The online application will be visible during the application period.
C. Items to Be Submitted
Please refer to the Application Guide for 2024 Admission (attached).
6. Contact Information
Please forward any queries regarding curriculum, admissions, housing, etc. to email@example.com
1. Application Guide for 2024 Admission
2. List of nations eligible to apply for the International Film Business Academy 2024
3. Form for Recommendation Letter